Is Cairns A Good Holiday Spot?
Cairns is an ideal holiday destination; it is the gateway to both the Great Barrier Reef and the oldest living rainforest. Cairns (pronounced “cans”) has a tropical climate and is home to copious amounts of wildlife, tropical birds and iridescent butterflies. A dream holiday location for honeymooners, families, adventure-seekers and animal-lovers alike. In Cairns, you’ll find a range of fun activities, from thrilling adventures like skydiving over two heritage-listed sites to spending the day sailing the Coral Sea. Or, how about a tour of all the beautiful waterfalls in the region? Speak to our friendly local travel agents who can cater an itinerary to suit your holiday in Cairns!
Why is Cairns a good holiday spot for families?
Looking for an ideal family vacation can be hard. But don’t worry we’ve got you covered! Cairns is ideal for families and caters for all. No matter what activity your children crave, you will be left with wonderful family memories you’ll share for years to come. Cairns is a coastal town surrounded by nature and wildlife, both in the sea and on the shore. Here are some of the top family activities you can do during your stay.
- Explore the wondrous Great Barrier Reef on a family-friendly tour boat!
- Discover the largest croc in captivity on the idyllic Green Island
- See the local tropical wildlife at Hartleys Wildlife park
- Slide down a natural waterslide on the waterfall circuit
- Take a ferry to the island paradise of Fitzroy island
- Take a breathtaking journey to Kuranda onboard the Kuranda scenic rail
Why is Cairns a good holiday getaway for honeymooners?
Congratulations, you’ve just got married, and you’re planning your honeymoon! There’s no place in the world quite like Cairns, and if you’re undecided on what type of holiday you’d like, Cairns has it all, including abundant secluded and romantic hidden gems. Stay on the beautiful beaches of Palm Cove or Port Douglas, lined with palm trees and surrounded by a turquoise ocean. Or why not stay the night on one of the nearby islands to make your honeymoon extra special! Just 45-minutes from Cairns is Fitzroy Island, a picturesque island on white coral sands and lush rainforest. Don’t miss out on a romantic sunrise on a peaceful island. If you’re looking for a luxurious Cairns activity, we’d recommend taking a helicopter ride to the Vlasoff Cay getaway and enjoying a scenic flight landing in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef for a picnic with bubbles on the sand cay.
Why is Cairns a good holiday spot for thrill-seekers?
Cairns is the place to feel alive! With unlimited amounts of adventure to be had in this naturally exciting place, you’re bound to be ticking off multiple things from your bucket list. Here are some of our top picks for the thrill-seekers among us.
- On the top of our list for adrenaline-fuelled activities to experience is Skydiving over the Great Barrier Reef
- Defy gravity and plunge 50m with AJ Hackett’s Bungy jump!
- Navigate the rapids of the Tully river and experience an adventure of a lifetime!
- Feel the elevation over the Atherton Tablelands in a hot air balloon, a 30-minute flight of unbeatable views.
Why is Cairns a good holiday destination for animal lovers?
Tropical far north Queensland is teeming with wildlife and home to many rare birds, marsupials and marine life. The Daintree Rainforest is specifically renowned for its unique birds, reptiles, mammals, frogs, fishes and insects! The Daintree is located 100kms north of Cairns and is our primary location for spotting unique creatures of the rainforest. We have many tours to choose from that will take you through this ancient rainforest to see the wildlife in their natural habitat. Although you can get to see the native crocodile’s up close at the Hartleys Wildlife Park amongst other Australian favourites like the kangaroo, koala and Cassowary. And if that wasn’t enough, there’s a whole underwater world of fishes, mammals and corals to explore.
- See the Daintree Rainforest and have a chance to see a Cassowary or crocodile!
- Get close to a crocodile in Cairns at the Hartleys Wildlife Park
- See the marine life that live in the Great Barrier Reef
- Birdwatchers must check out the seabirds on Michaelmas Cay
- Dive down to the ocean floor and see all the tropical sea life swim around you