Experience the magic on the Reef Magic Pontoon Day Tour where you can enjoy a day of activities and fun!
- Visit Reef Magic's newest pontoon located off the shores of Cairns
- Snorkel, dive and explore the Great Barrier Reef
- Perfect for families, couples, groups, solo travellers, and seniors
- Unique experiences such as a glass-bottom boat, a semi-submersible, helicopter tours, an underwater observatory, onboard massages and much more
The Reef Magic Pontoon Day Tour will take you to the newest pontoon, a snorkelling and diving playground located on the Great Barrier Reef. Surrounded by colourful reefs, abundant fish and funny marine life, there is something to do for the whole family. Reef Magic is a 30-metre, air-conditioned catamaran with a licensed bar, that will take you back and forth to the reef and become your home for the day!
It has comfortable seating and spacious decks, ensuring a smooth and comfortable ride, before enjoying an amazing day trip on the Outer Reef. This is a terrific day trip with many optional activities to choose from! This family-friendly trip is perfect for everyone, with a place for the kiddies to safely play in the water and plenty of room to relax and lounge on the deck. We offer activities for swimmers and non-swimmers and offer easy access to the water.
Highlights & Features
- Travel on board a fast, modern catamaran to the pontoon
- Snorkel or dive at the reef for 5 full hours
- Glass bottom boat
- Semi-submersible tour
- Listen to historical and cultural talks about the region by the crew
- Underwater Observatory
- Kid-friendly space for seeing marine life
- Buffet lunch
- Optional helicopter tours straight from the deck
- Spacious decks
- Comfortable transfer vessel with onboard bar
- Complimentary tea/coffee provided
- Onboard briefing including Great Barrier Reef presentation by our Marine Naturalist
Don't miss this great opportunity to experience Reef Magic and the Outer Great Barrier Reef like never before!
Morning Activities include
- Arrive at the Reef Magic pontoon at around 10:30 am
- Full buffet lunch
- All snorkelling equipment with lessons and instruction are included along with our semi-submersible, glass-bottom boat tour, and use of the underwater observatory
Afternoon Activities include
- Simply relaxing on a sun lounge
- Enjoying more diving or snorkelling
- Afternoon tea (tea, coffee and cake) is served during departure
- Depart the pontoon at 3:30 pm
Optional Extra Activities include
- Introductory Scuba Diving: No experience required (subject to onboard medical check)
- Certified Diving: Guides included (2 dives all equipment supplied)
- Guided Snorkel Tour with our marine naturalists
- Scenic flights
- Helmet diving: $119 first dive and $99 for a second (for ages 12+)
What To Bring
- Sun protection (water resistant SPF30+)
- Hat and sunglasses
- Cash/credit card for purchases
- Certified divers please bring certified card and log book
- 90-minute transfer on a spacious fast catamaran
- 5 hours at the Reef Magic pontoon
- Morning & afternoon tea
- Hot/cold tropical buffet lunch
- All environmental fees and local taxes
- All snorkelling equipment (including FREE wet suit or lycra suit)
- Spacious sundeck with lounges and shaded areas for summer
- Science lab - view researchers at work in a purpose-built lab
- Semi-submersible and glass bottom boat tours
- Change rooms and freshwater rinse showers
- Great Barrier Reef presentation by a Marine Biologist
- Complimentary tea/coffee/filtered drinking water
- Underwater reef viewing observatory
- Moonpool to view those who are diving
- Infants safety swimming enclosure
- Fish feeding & identification session with a Marine Biologist
- Toilet facilities
- Lockers for Personal Hire ($2 per entry)
- Prescription Masks available for Snorkellers and Divers ($5 hire fee)
- Introductory scuba diving, certified diving, guided snorkel tour with our marine naturalists, massages, scenic flights, helmet diving
|Introductory Scuba Diving||
|Certified Scuba Diving||
|Coral Garden Guided Snorkel (35 mins)||
|Snorkel Safari Guided Snorkel (50 mins)||
Family (2A + 2C)
|Accommodation Transfer (Cairns CBD)||
Family (2A + 2C)
|Pick-up time notified upon booking|
|Accommodation Transfer (Cairns Northern Beaches)||
Family (2A + 2C)
|Pick-up time notified upon booking|
All extra activities are subject to availability.
All travellers undertaking diving activities must meet the medical requirements.
Terms and Conditions
Departs/Ends: Reef Fleet Terminal, Cairns. Open date tickets please give 7 days notice to book. All bookings MUST be reconfirm 48hrs in advance. Ph: 1300 666 700 or 07 4031 1588 or from outside AU: +61 7 4031 1588.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
You must reconfirm all booked tours prior to travel as specified on your voucher. If applicable, notes such as dietary requirements, pick-up locations and additional fees should also be confirmed at this time. Reconfirmations cannot be actioned through Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel, and must be done so directly through the Service Operator as specified on each ticket.
It is your responsibility to notify us of ticket discrepancies. Please read through the details on your voucher thoroughly to ensure all details such as passenger names, ages and dates of travel on vouchers are correct.
It is the responsibility of all passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of any medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
You need to allow adequate time to check-in prior to the specified departure time.
All prices are stated in Australian dollars and include GST. Surcharges over peak holiday seasons may apply.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices and extra costs. Extra costs may include EMC fees, Stingersuit/Wetsuit Hire, Luggage Storage, Insurance, Linen Hire, National Park Fees, Fuel Levies, Dietary Fees, etc. Bonds may also apply.
We will also endeavour to communicate these extra costs with you at the time of booking, and on your ticket. However, it is your responsibility to confirm which (if any) additional costs apply with each Service Operator upon reconfirming your trip.
It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We highly recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. You should also ensure your travel insurance will cover special circumstances including weather events preventing guests from travelling to their tour departure destination and cancelled flights due to unforeseen circumstances.
The Service Operator reserves the right to limit courtesy transfers to select local accommodations. Private residences or Airbnb properties may be asked to meet at the closest confirmed location. Failure to meet at the specified pick-up location may be treated as “No Show”, for which the Client Cancellation Policy applies.
Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
Terms and Conditions (including the Cancellation Policy) are subject to change. The most recent versions can be found online on the relevant product pages.
All ticket/voucher reissues attract a $20 administration fee.
Open Date Vouchers / Gift Certificate:
Shipping Costs are in addition to the ticket price and will be added at check-out. Shipping costs are non-refundable and do not makeup part of the ticket value.
E-Vouchers incur no shipping fees.
You have 5 years to use the value of the voucher. Seasonal Price Rises will apply if travelling out the current seasons pricing. Vouchers can be exchanged for free up to the full value of the voucher excluding credit card fees and charges.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the trip. If the company has to cancel the trip (prior to departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of the total ticket price. No shows or client cancellations made within 21 days of departure forfeit 100% of the total ticket price.
Sailing Whitsundays are required to notify the operator of any cancellations within the specified cancellation period (24 hours). It is your responsibility to make sure you submit your cancellation request with adequate time, and during standard business hours (9am-5pm), to allow us to contact the tour provider.
Transfers between tours can be made at the suppliers discretion, however, it should be noted that supplier fees may apply. Tour transfers also incur a $20 administration fee.
It is compulsory that all cancellation requests are in writing and sent via email to email@example.com. Cancellations attempted via online chat or phone will not be actioned.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices, alter itineraries, apply a fuel surcharge, cancel departures, arrange alternative transport and vary itineraries and services if necessary.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Service Operator. If the Service Operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus a 20% administration fee and any associated card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
In the unlikely event of your trip being cancelled or stood down, all guest communication is required to go through our Online Store via telephone or email. While there is a Sailing Whitsundays retail outlet located Airlie Beach, please be aware that they operate as a separate entity and are unable to access reservations made by the Mr Travel online department.
All refunds are in Australian Dollars and must be made to the card of payment. Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel is not liable for exchange rate fluctuations or fees, or any other merchant/bank fees associated with domestic and/or international transactions.
Where a full refund is applicable, there is the option to transfer the whole cost of the tour to another tour or “Credit” to avoid the administration fee. A transfer fee of $20 will apply.
You will be emailed confirmation once the refund has been processed. Once the refund has been processed, it may still take time for the banks to clear the amount. Please allow 7-10 business days for the funds to clear into Australian accounts and up to 21 business days for international accounts.
All Service Operators have the right to provide client feedback and to cancel bookings based off of feedback from other Service Operators.
Please enjoy your travel experience in a kind and responsible manner.
Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel will treat this as any normal client cancellation and therefore the cancellation fees stated in the Client Cancellation Policy will apply.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.