Kuranda is a colourful town in Cairns teeming with culture, things to do and incredible nature. Tucked away amongst lush rainforest and national park, enjoy the magic of this authentic Far North QLD township! Renowned for their quirky markets, divine forest trails, charming railway and an exciting skyrail, the lovely Kuranda is perfect for a day trip with family, friends, your loved one and older travellers!
Learn the lore of the land from its Traditional Owners and meet local wildlife on this epic rainforest adventure!
- Get a taste of authentic Aboriginal culture as local Pamagirri Guides introduce you to their customs, traditions, dances and Dreamtime stories
- Traverse through rainforest, mudflats and croc-infested creeks on an amphibious WWII Army Duck
- Catch your breath in the idyllic township of Kuranda while you have lunch
- Get up close and personal with all things Aussie at the Koala and Wildlife Park, from the cuddly to the creepy
- Cool down and rehydrate at the Tropical Fruit Orchard as you sample the luscious fruits, ice creams and juices from local farms
Experience the absolute best of Kuranda, a charming jungle town full of wildlife, rainforest, and culture!
- Full day tour to Kuranda with all transport and lunch included
- Departs from Cairns, Port Douglas, or Palm Cove
- Travel on the Kuranda Scenic Railway and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Get up close with wildlife at the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary and Koala & Wildlife Park
- Join the Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience, Army Duck Tour, and more!
Travel in style to the amazing Kuranda rainforest village by railway and skyrail cableway
- Experience two unique experiences with Kuranda Scenic Railway and the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Explore the rainforest at Red Peak and Barron Falls
- Visit the Kuranda Rainforest Village, offering shops, markets, cafes and more
- Take in amazing views at the new "Edge" lookout
- Visit the world's largest butterfly flight aviary at the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary
All aboard the adventure of a lifetime through the charming Kuranda, where a scenic train and skyrail will show you the best of the rainforest and township.
- Take the tranquil journey through Kuranda’s rainforest, as you experience the comfort of a smooth, historic train ride!
- Zoom over the towering treetops on a unique skyrail journey bound to give you the lay of the land like never before.
- Catch sight of Barron Gorge and Stoney Creek Falls on this relaxed day where nature meets family-friendly comfort!
- With ample time in Kuranda, wander through the local markets, grab a coffee and rub shoulders with local wildlife!
Embark on a 9-hour scenic adventure through Barron Gorge’s ancient and World Heritage-listed rainforest via a century-old railway and spend the day exploring the charming and historic township of Kuranda.
- Careen through Kuranda Railway’s 15 tunnels, around 93 curves, and over dozens of bridges — all handmade over a century ago!
- Immerse yourself in the ancient wonder of Barron Gorge’s dense and lively rainforest.
- Ride the Skyrail to the tippity-top of Barron Falls’ Edge Lookout to take in the splendour of the rainforest from above.
- Spend the day exploring the quaint and charming township of Kuranda before returning via scenic Skyrail!
- Hit Kuranda’s Heritage Markets and discover treasures old and new to remember your journey.
Soar through the treetops, soak up the views from a scenic rail ride and explore the Kuranda Heritage markets!
- Glide over the canopies with the Rainforest Skyrail and let your cable car show you the most unique views of the region.
- Catch the Kuranda Scenic Rail and pass through cascading valleys, Barron Falls and National Park on your way home!
- Descend to the ancient forest floor where you can explore the boardwalks and learn on this interactive natural journey.
- Check out the local Kuranda Heritage Markets or an animal sanctuary with ample free time in this regional gem.
Visit the historic Kuranda Village and also ride the Skyrail and Kuranda train!
- One way travel on the Kuranda Train
- One way travel on the fun Skyrail
- 2.5 - 3 hours in Kuranda Village
- Optional extras such as the Koala Park or Butterfly Sanctuary
- Enjoy amazing views and stops along the way!
Score the ultimate rainforest experience with Tropic Wings inclusive day package.
- Arrive at your destination via the century-old Kuranda Railway, passing through ancient scenic rainforests.
- Explore Kuranda Village’s Heritage Markets and shop til you drop!
- Traipse down the Rainbow Serpent pathway on the cultural Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience and learn about the history and practices of our First Nations.
- Sample Queensland’s freshest and juiciest fruits, ice creams and juices and cool off at the Tropical Fruit Orchard.
- Embark on the ultimate wildlife adventure on a historic WWII Army Duck through croc-infested waters and rainforests harboring koalas, dingoes, snakes, kangaroos, wallabies, cassowaries, and North Queensland’s only Tasmanian Devils!
Discover ancient, heritage-listed rainforests and waterfalls on a remarkable railway journey from Cairns to Kuranda!
- Relax and enjoy unsurpassed views of renowned rainforest and waterfalls
- Wind through 15 tunnels and 37 bridges from Cairns to Kuranda
- Learn the fascinating history of the Kuranda Railway and Cairns region
- Option to upgrade your package to Gold Class!
- Choose from a one-way journey or return experience from Cairns