Departs: 7:30 am - Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Returns: 3:30 pm - Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
$320 AUD per
- Snorkelling (no scuba diving) (Between: 01 Apr 2019 and 31 Mar 2020)
$440 AUD per
- Snorkelling Special with Two full Introductory Scuba Dives (Between: 01 Apr 2019 and 31 Mar 2020)
$440 AUD per
- Certified Diver Special with 6 Scuba Dives including a night dive (Between: 01 Apr 2019 and 31 Mar 2020)
$530 AUD per
- Snorkelling Special with 5 Introductory Dives (Between: 02 Apr 2019 and 01 Apr 2020)
$660 AUD per
- PADI Open Water Diver Course (Between: 01 Apr 2019 and 31 Mar 2020)
$320 AUD per
- Child Snorkelling (4-14yr) (Between: 01 Apr 2019 and 31 Mar 2020)
The Rum Runner 2 day, 1 night tours is Cairns's most affordable liveaboard and gives you over 24 hours on the Great Barrier Reef! Guests have up to 4 different snorkelling sites where they can look forward to seeing beautiful coral gardens and diverse fish life for the underwater experience of a lifetime. This tour caters very well for all levels of swimmers and explorers including snorkellers, introductory scuba divers and certified scuba divers! Even if you've never tried it before, we are here to help you to learn the ins and outs of having fun in the water with no experience required! Exploring the Great Barrier Reef is an experience unlike any other and with Rum Runner, it's easier than ever!
- Low numbers with only 16 passengers
- Snorkellers and scuba divers welcome
- Ideal for both introductory and certified divers
- 6 dives including night dive
- Have been in operation since 2005 and working the local area for over 20 years
- PADI scuba diving courses from introductory diving, open water certification through to advanced diver courses are all available
- Dive leader if required
- All meals included
- Prescription lens masks (if required)
- All scuba equipment
- Wetsuit and stinger suits
- Unlimited snorkelling!
- Shared accommodation
- Opportunity to sail on the Great Barrier Reef!
See the best of the Great Barrier with Rum Runner... book now so you don't miss this great price!
About half the guests from each tour opt to enjoy the thrill of snorkelling, checking out the reefs from the surface of the water! You will get to visit 4 different sites at Thetford or Moore Reefs, where you can look forward to checking out shallow reefs that are full of stunning marine life and vast coral gardens! All your gear is provided, so all you need to bring along is a sense of adventure.
Introductory diving requires no experience but promises all the fun! An introductory dive briefing is given during the journey out so you are ready to dive by the time we arrive at our first site, taking advantage of every moment on the water! We will teach you everything you need to know before you hit the water so you will feel safe and confident while exploring the reefs. You will usually be able to do up to 5 introductory dives during the tour while spending the rest of your time snorkelling or relaxing!
Rum Runner is a great tour for certified divers who haven't dived in a while or are just looking for leisurely diving conditions! You can do up to 6 dives during your trip, including one night dive where you can see what the reef looks like after dark! You will be briefed on what to expect beforehand so you can enjoy each site and all it has to offer, enjoying all your time under the water. Everyone dives in buddy pairs and can follow the dive leader around, checking out all the best parts each site. Experienced divers can also buddy dive without a guide and explore at their own leisure!
Rum Runner visits reefs on Thetford or Moore Reefs and carefully select each reef based on the conditions of the day! Reefs can be as shallow as 1 metre during low tide, making them easy and accessible to both scuba divers and snorkellers.
- Please note divers may be subject to a medical questionnaire before diving. Please click here for more diving information and to read the medical questionnaire.
- All guests must pay a AU$40 Reef Tax
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL OR CHAT WITH US LIVE!
What To Bring
Overnight bag with:
- Comfortable clothing
- Seasickness tablets
- BYO (Bring Your Own drinks) - No Glass
- All snorkelling equipment and wetsuits
- Prescription lens masks (if required)
- All meals and fresh bed linen
- First introductory scuba dive - $120
- Single consecutive intro dive/ single certified dive - $45
- Three consecutive intro dive package - $90
- Full six dive package - $180
- Go Pro hire, Digital U/W Photos, Bar Purchases
- PADI 3 Day Open Water Diver Course - $220
- PADI Open Water Referrals – from $200
- AU$40 Reef Tax (required)
Please click here for more diving information and to read the medical questionnaire.
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
Departs/Ends: Cairns. Open date tickets please give 7 days notice to book. All bookings MUST reconfirm 48hrs in advance. Ph: 07 4041 1054 or 0429 638 744 or from outside AU: +61 7 4041 1054. Departs: Tues, Thur & Sat - meet at Marlin Marina E Finger at 7am. $30 Reef Tax for Enviromental Management Charge & Fuel / Port Levies.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the trip. If the company has to cancel the trip (prior to departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.