Short and time but still want the full Reef experience? Evolution Reef Cruise has the perfect solution
See the best of the Outer Great Barrier Reef all in one day with Evolution Reef Cruise. This one day tour offers snorkelling, scuba diving, helicopter tours and a semi submersible tour allowing every guest to make the most of their day on the reef. With two stops at two exclusive locations, you will get to enjoy the best of the underwater world and experience the beauty that the Great Barrier Reef has to offer.
Spend a day on the Outer Reef with Evolution Reef Cruise for a relaxing adventure in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. With a full 5 hours on the reef, you will get to enjoy the use of two exclusive locations, where you can dive, snorkel, relax and more! With all the comforts you will need, Evolution offers guests a fast and affordable way to see one of the world's natural wonders.
- Comfortable, stabilised vessel
- Snorkelling and scuba diving options
- Air-conditioned for your comfort
- Optional helicopter tours
- Aussie BBQ lunch with steak, prawns and tropical salads!
- State of the art equipment
- Up to 3 dives throughout the day!
- Both introductory and certified divers welcome
Evolution Reef Cruise is happy to offer Outer Reef snorkelling is some of the most diverse reefs around. Chose for their variety, they provide a great experience for both experienced snorkelers, beginners and children. Your experienced crew will keep an eye out while you explore what lies below, pointing out where you can find all the amazing corals and fish families that await you! With wet suits, buoyancy aids and free snorkel guides available, you will to experience the best of the Outer Reef with Evolution.
We offer scuba diving to both introductory and certified divers, meaning even if it's your first time, you can still enjoy the wonders of the Outer Reef. Introductory divers will get to know the ropes through the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program, where they will be taught all the basic skills required to dive down up to 12 metres while accompanied by one of our experienced Instructors. Even people with no swimming ability can enjoy the thrill of diving the Great Barrier Reef in perfect safety. Experienced divers can enjoy up to 3 dives and explore the reef at length during their day with Evolution.
Please click here for more diving information and to read the medical questionnaire.
For those who want a little something extra during their day, they can take to the air from our exclusive helicopter pontoon at Hastings Reef. This will give you to see the Reef in a whole new way as you fly over the expanse of the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef.
- 7:15am - Check in
- 8:15am - Departure
- 10:00am - Arrival at first location of the day at either Saxon Reef or Norman Reef with 3 hours or snrokelling and diving
- 11:30am-12:45pm- Hot BBQ lunch and salads
- 1:00pm - Arrival at second location at Hastings reef with 2 hours of snorkelling and diving as well as helicopter flights and semi-submersible tours.
- 3:15pm - Boat departs to head back to Cairns. Fruit platters, cheese, biscuits and wine served with free onboard entertainment
- 4:30pm - Arrival back in Cairns
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
- Swimming costume
- Money for drinks
- Change of clothes and warm jumper/ jacket for cooler days.
- Certified Divers must bring C Card
- Dive Medical if required
- 1 Certified dive or Intro dive (where specified)
- Evolution Reef Cruise & Snorkel
- Visit 2 outer reef sites
- 5 hours of snorkeling or diving
- Scenic Helicopter flights available
- Hot BBQ lunch included
- Semi-submersible boat tour available
- Onboard entertainment on journey home along with cheese/biscuits and wine
- $20 Reef tax and fuel levy to be paid direct at check-in
- $17 Return Cairns City Transfers
- $24 Northern Beaches Return Transfer
- Underwater Camera Hire
- Additional Dives
- Wetsuit Hire
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
All cancellations made result in 25% cancellation fee of the recommended retail price (RRP), not discounted or sale prices. Any cancellations made within 48 hours of departure will result in forfeit of full trip fees. No Refunds for voluntary uncompleted dives.
If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.