Coral Sea Dreaming is a 'dream come true' underwater adventure!
- This 2 day reef tour allows you to take the path less travelled and see the best of the Great Barrier Reef!
- Snorkellers, intro divers and certified divers welcome
- One of the only tours that allows introductory divers to try night diving!
- Enjoy sailing on the Great Barrier Reef, even helping out the crew along the way
Coral Sea Dreaming is the ultimate experience where guests get to enjoy the best of the best on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef! This two-day tour is an intimate trip with just 12 guests, suited for those who crave an authentic reef experience. During their two days, guests will get to spend their days diving and snorkelling the fringes of the beautiful reefs, where they will get to experience close encounters with the marine life that lives there, possibly including reef sharks, sea turtles, barracuda or the giant Maori Wrasse! Coral Sea Dreaming will be a dream come true!
- Choose to dive or snorkel, or both
- Morning and afternoon teas including fresh fruit and snacks
- Close encounters with the marine life
- Wetsuits and lycra suits and quality dive gear with paid dives
- Guided snorkel tours
- Try diving for free!
- Air-conditioning and fans throughout the vessel
- Variety of accommodation including both shared and private
Take the path less travelled with Coral Sea Dreaming!
We'll pull into shallow lagoons that are ideal for snorkelling and enjoying the stunning reefs right off the back of the boat! You can swim around as much as you like, exploring the coral gardens that await below. You may get to see vast reef flats, skim along the edges of a drop-off, or explore huge bommies teeming with life - with so many sights to choose from, each is different from the last! All your gear is included, and we can even offer the use of a prescription mask with 24 hours notice. Plenty of tips and instruction are given, so even if it's your first time, you'll be able to enjoy the beauty and wonder of the reef in comfort!
We offer one free 10-minute sample dive to all guests on board, giving everyone a chance to try this fun activity! Hop in the water and give it a whirl before deciding whether or not it's for you. If you decide to try intro diving, you can look forward to plenty of instruction, a knowledgeable guide and a huge underwater world to explore! Scuba diving is one of the top activities to do on the Great Barrier Reef and with good reason - it gives you a chance to explore this untouched world up close and personal, meeting its many residents for yourself!
Certified divers will get the chance to dive plenty of times while on board Coral Sea Dreaming. We specialise in morning and night dives, giving you the best conditions to enjoy an awesome dive each and every time, with still plenty of dives throughout the day! We have all the gear you will need on board, and with our own air compressors, we have unlimited tank refills for a great range in dive flexibility! With small group numbers, you can look forward to uncrowded reefs that will leave you feeling in awe of their beauty and wonder. Certified divers can also opt to do their advanced open water course while on Coral Sea Dreaming!
Coral Sea Dreaming is one of the only tours that offers night diving to all of its scuba divers! This tour is unique in that it is one of the only tours in Australia that has a permit to allow both introductory and certified divers in the water at night - something extremely rare on the Great Barrier Reef. As something that is generally reserved for experienced divers, this gives new divers the chance to experience this amazing type of diving! The reef at night is a whole new world, full of nocturnal fish who come out to feed and play in the nighttime hours.
We have 30 moorings to choose from across 9 different reefs throughout the Great Barrier Reef. Our range of options gives us the best reefs to choose from, leaving you with the best possible snorkel and dive conditions each and every time! Reef sites include Flynn, Milln, Thetford, Moore, Hastings and Norman Reefs. Each has its own unique offers with a variety of coral formations, tropical fish, sea turtles, sharks, rays and more!
Board Coral Sea Dreaming bright and early on your first day to make your way to the reefs, where the adventure begins! During the cruise out, your crew will conduct introductory and certified dive briefings and a marine naturalist brief, so everybody is ready to go upon arrival. There is plenty of time for passengers to mingle and relax, and get to know each other as the excitement builds on the way to the reef!
After arriving at your first Outer Reef location, you will get to dive in and enjoy the water! Depths range from 5 - 28 metres, ensuring they are great for both snorkellers and scuba divers. Guests will get to see the extensive coral gardens up close and at their own pace, checking out all the amazing marine life below! The Outer Reef is full of large coral bommies that are full of marine life, creating the perfect place for both snorkelling and scuba diving. After a morning of enjoying the water, guests will hop back on board for afternoon lunch and tea.
Afterwards, you will make your way to your second location of the day for more snorkelling and diving, where a guided snorkel tour is offered.
For the last dives and snorkels of the day, you'll head to your third location, usually at Milne Reef, home to 'Three Sisters' and 'The Whale,' two amazing dive sites! Three Sisters is one of Cairns' most famous dives sites and is ideal for night and early morning dives.
On your second day rise early on day two to take advantage of an early morning snorkel or scuba dive. This is a great time to see reef sharks, turtles and cruising pelagic fish as the reef wakes up and the sun rises over the Coral Sea. After time in the water breakfast is served before setting off for your next destination.
Experienced divers will usually get to enjoy a great drift dive at the next location, usually at The Edge or Pinnacles. If not, you can expect to hear to the large bommies and coral gardens at Hastings of Michaelmas Reef, where there is an abundance of marine life and underwater landscapes.
After mid-morning, depending on the weather, the boat will move to another site or reef. If the weather is nice, we commonly go to 5 Ways at Moore Reef, known for housing the best swim through dive in Cairns! If to the north, we may visit Pretty Patches or Upolu where the protection from stronger winds makes it easier to dive and snorkel. These are shallower reefs with lots of soft coral and isolated bommies. Lunch is served before departure.
Upon leaving our anchorage we hoist the sails. It is very common to have dolphins surf the bow wave and during the winter months, see humpback whales. The emphasis on the journey home is to relax and enjoy the company of newfound friends. Finally, as we leave behind the wonders of the reef, passengers are treated to a spectacular view as we approach one of Australia's most scenic harbours and mountains on the left and right rising high above a beautiful tropical city skyline.
What To Bring
- A small overnight bag only (soft backpacks or similar and without wheels are best, if possible)
- Hat and swimwear
- Long pants and jumper for colder months
- Cert card/logbook for certified divers
We are limited for extra storage & refrigerator space, so limited quantities is appreciated.
- Specially prepared meals onboard (special diets catered for with advance notice)
- Morning and afternoon teas
- Hot showers
- Fresh linen and towels
- Wetsuits and lycra suits
- Quality dive gear with paid dives
- Snorkelling equipment
- Guided snorkel tours on request
- Reef Levy of $20 pp per day is payable on board.
- On-board bar facilities drinks can be purchased on board.
- 1 x Certified Day Dive $60
- 4 x Certified Dive Package $220
- Night Dive $75
- Introductory Dives - First Day Dive $90
- 2nd Intro Day Dives $70
- 3 x Introductory Day Dive Package $190
- SSI Advanced Open Water Course (5x Adventure Dives) $395
- PADI Advanced Open Water Course (5x Adventure Dives) $495
- Referred Open Water Course (On Request) $330
Please click here for more diving information and to read the medical questionnaire.
Terms and Conditions
- This tour is suitable for people with a moderate level of fitness
- Please note the itinerary is subject to change. The general itinerary allows for 4 day certified and 1 night dive, and 3 day intro dives with an optional night intro (conditions apply) or 4th day intro. Snorkelling is available at all times except at night.
- The minimum age for scuba diving is 12 years intro/ 10 years junior open water
- All snorkellers and divers must complete a medical questionnaire on board the boat. Certain medical conditions (i.e. asthma, heart disease, epilepsy) may preclude some people from diving. Please click here for more diving information and to read the medical questionnaire.
- This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4 years, non-swimmers and persons with mobility issues
- Introductory divers will need to complete at least one single-day dive and be deemed competent by the certified dive instructor BEFORE they are able to partake in any night diving activities.
All divers and snorkellers must complete a medical questionnaire on board. Certain medical conditions (eg. asthma, heart disease among others) may exclude a person from diving.
It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of booking.
Shoes are not worn while on the boat, so it is not necessary to bring any special type of deck shoes.
We accept Visa, MasterCard &/or Cash onboard for any charges, including any trip balances owed, EMC (reef tax) and fees, diving, and/or any other onboard purchases. This trip is suitable for ages 4 and up.
Open Date Vouchers / Gift Certificate:
Shipping Costs are in addition to the ticket price and will be added at check-out. Shipping costs are non-refundable and do not makeup part of the ticket value.
E-Vouchers incur no shipping fees.
You have 5 years to use the value of the voucher. Seasonal Price Rises will apply if travelling out the current seasons pricing. Vouchers can be exchanged for free up to the full value of the voucher excluding credit card fees and charges.
All client cancellations forfeit 45% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 28 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the tour or package. If the tour operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to the departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season. Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel if you need any advice or assistance making arrangements for your accommodation or transfers please do not hesitate to ask