$480 AUD per
- Snorkel Twin with Ensuite (Between: 01 Apr 2020 and 31 Mar 2021)
$499 AUD per
- Snorkel Double with Ensuite (Requires 2) (Between: 01 Apr 2020 and 31 Mar 2021)
$555 AUD per
- 7 Cert Dives Twin with Ensuite (Between: 01 Apr 2020 and 31 Mar 2021)
$585 AUD per
- 7 Cert Dives Double with Ensuite (Requires 2) (Between: 01 Apr 2020 and 31 Mar 2021)
$690 AUD per
- 5 Intro Dives Twin with Ensuite (Between: 01 Apr 2020 and 31 Mar 2021)
$720 AUD per
- 5 Intro Dives Double with Ensuite (Requires 2) (Between: 01 Apr 2020 and 31 Mar 2021)
The 2 Day OceanQuest Liveaboard Trip is the ideal trip for snorkellers and divers who are seeking to explore the Great Barrier Reef at unique locations for a chance to see the Outer Reef up close for a personal and amazing experience. For two days and one night, OceanQuest gives guests the chance to stay on the Outer Reef as they explore its depths for snorkelling or diving, take the opportunity to complete PADI scuba courses or scuba refreshers!
As part of one of the oldest diving companies in Cairns, OceanQuest is one of the most renowned dive operators around and is a great place to perfect your diving and snorkelling techniques on one of the most beautiful reefs in the world. Our staff is trained to help even the wariest diver feel comfortable in the water and will ensure you enjoy your time with us on the Outer Great Barrier Reef.
OceanQuest not only has a top-notch diving team but is also host to large rooms, an onboard bar and large sundecks to make your trip and relaxing and comfortable one. You'll enjoy delicious food prepared fresh on board by our chef and your own room with ensuite. OceanQuest is the perfect place from which to enjoy your Reef Adventure, with all the comforts at home but with a stellar view of the ocean around you! We offer three types of rooms, with a double share, a twin share and a quad share, all with their own bathroom and window looking out onto the reef and horizons, you'll find something suitable for every type of traveller.
- Underwater adventures with beautiful and diverse marine life
- All quality diving and snorkelling equipment*, including wetsuits and dive computer
- Choose to either snorkel or scuba dive
- Sizable rooms with large window and ensuite bathroom
- Onboard bar
- Lounging area and sun chairs
- 2 cell torch hire for night dive
- All meals provided
- Shark in the Dark experience for certified divers
- Air fills included
- Bed linen and fresh showers
- Complete PADI course on board
- Cairns city hotel and hostel pick-ups included
- Transfers from the Northern Beaches $20.00 - payable on the day of travel
- EXTRA $40 Reef Tax & Levy
Day 1: Four dives
Start your day early with a pick up from your city accommodation at around 7:30am. You will board our fast modern transfer boat at 8:30 for 90-minute transfer to Outer Barrier Reef, where you'll be fitted for equipment and briefed. While on the transfer vessel, you'll enjoy 2 dives or snorkels before transferring to our live aboard vessel at 2:30pm. Once on board, you'll get to do an afternoon dive and night dive if you're certified!
Day 2: Three dives
Wake up early for a sunrise dive around 6:00am before enjoying breakfast on board. In the early morning, you'll enjoy 2 more dives at around 9:00am and 10:00am, followed by lunch and free time. You will head back to the transfer vessel around 3:00pm to reach your accommodation on land by 5:00pm.
Guests can take advantage of up to seven dives during their 2 day, 1 night stay on board OceanQuest. Explore the Outer Reef as an introductory or certified diver, with the chance to complete your PADI course while on board. OceanQuest has high-quality equipment and awesome instructors to guide you on your way as you explore the coral gardens below.
OceanQuest is also a snorkellers haven, with the chance to spend two full days snorkelling in the Great Barrier Reef. With shallow reefs and bommies littering the ocean floor, you'll be able to see the marine life up close as you snorkel around. Keep a close eye out for clownfish, reef sharks and stingrays as you circle above.
Sharks in the Dark
OceanQuest offers this amazing experience to certified divers to dive with reef sharks by moonlight! Intro divers and snorkellers can join in the on the fun by hanging out on the back deck with their faces in the water to see the sharks for themselves without getting in the water. This unique experience gives divers and guests the chance to see these amazing creatures up close to a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Fluorescent diving is one of OceanQuest's most unique and special experiences. For an additional cost, certified divers can see the reef as they never have before - while glowing and alight! Special masks and lights are used for you to see the underwater world in a whole new way. This is an experience you must see for yourself! Please note guests much have previously completed a night dive elsewhere or with us in order to take part.
- Please note divers may be subject to a medical questionnaire before they are able to dive. Please click here for more diving information and to read the medical questionnaire.
- Unavailable due to scheduled maintenance February 27th 2020 to March 8th 2020
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR CLICK TO CHAT!
What To Bring
- Sunglasses (polarised are best)
CERTIFIED DIVERS - Please remember to bring your dive card. If you do not you may be required to sign a 'Statutory Declaration' and dive with an Instructor on your first dive which will cost an extra $15.00
- Cairns city transfers from hostels and hotels (Transfers from the Northern Beaches $20.00)
- All quality diving and snorkelling equipment (BCD, regulator, dive computer, mask, snorkel, full foot fins, 5mm Short arm/leg wetsuit)
- 2 cell torch hire for night dive
- all meals whilst on board
- tea, coffee and chilled water all day
- bed linen
Digital camera hire, bar purchase (snacks, beverages), dive guide ($15 per person, per dive), prescription masks, nitrox fills, Fluoro Night dive (available upgrade onboard only, cannot be prebooked).
Extra costs: $40 AUD reef tax & fuel levy.
Please click CLICK HERE for more diving information and to read the medical questionnaire.
Terms and Conditions
Departs: Cairns. Open date tickets (subject to availability) please give 7 days notice to book Ph: 07 4046 7333 or from outside AU: +61 7 4046 7333.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the trip. If the company has to cancel the trip (prior to departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.