$760 AUD per
- 2 days, 1 night - Twin with Ensuite (Between: 31 Mar 2019 and 31 Mar 2020)
$940 AUD per
- 3 days, 2 nights - Twin with Ensuite (Between: 31 Mar 2019 and 31 Mar 2020)
$780 AUD per
- 2 days, 1 night - Double with Ensuite ($1560 Total)
(Between: 31 Mar 2019 and 31 Mar 2020)
$980 AUD per
- 3 days, 2 nights - Double with Ensuite ($1960 Total)
(Between: 31 Mar 2019 and 31 Mar 2020)
Earn your PADI Advanced Open Water during your stay with OceanQuest. Spend the night at our Outer Reef Boat, OceanQuest, and spend your time curbing your diving skills and earning your open water certification alongside our experienced and fun staff. Enjoy the onboard bar after you're done diving for the day, and sit on the back deck and enjoy a relaxing night at sea. With large, comfortable rooms, you'll feel at home as you explore the Great Barrier Reef and discover its natural beauty and wonder. As you enjoy your advanced training dives, you'll get to scuba dive in a whole new way, doing a deep dive, a night dive and more.
- Cairns city transfers
- No classroom time included
- All equipment included, including wetsuits and dive computer
- Underwater torch for night dive
- Delicious meals provided during your stay
- Chance to dive on the Great Barrier Reef
- Five dives include navigation dive, night dive, deep dive, peak performance buoyancy dive plus one additional dive
- Choose from an advanced boat dive, search and recovery dive, naturalist dive, photography dive and AWARE Fish identification dive
- $20 reef levy to be paid daily
- Large rooms with ensuite bathrooms
No classroom time is required for your Advanced Open Water, you just need to read the relevant chapters in the PADI Adventures Diving Manual and complete the reviews at the end of each chapter. This leaves more time for diving and enjoying yourself during your course. You need at least two days and one night to complete the course, with 5 training dives and two fun dives. The longer 3 day, 2 night course allows for your five training dives and up to 6 fun dives.
You'll spend your first day on board our transfer vessel, getting to do up to two fun dives before moving onto our overnight boat to begin your training dives. Once on board you'll do five dives to earn your Advanced Open Water certification and spend one or two nights enjoying time on the Great Barrier Reef.
2 day, 1 night: Spent on ReefQuest and overnight boat, OceanQuest. 7 dives total, including 5 training dives and 2 fun dives
3 days, 2 nights: Spent on ReefQuest and overnight boat, OceanQuest. 11 including 5 training dives and 6 fun dives
- Please note that you need your PADI Open Water or equivalent and will need to fill out a medical questionnaire. Please click here for more diving information and to read the medical questionnaire.
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR LIVE CHAT WITH US NOW!
What To Bring
- Clothes for 2 days
- Towels for showers and dive deck
- Money for soft drinks/alcohol
- Snacks etc.
- Open Water Cert-card and log books
- Air fills
- Fresh chilled water
- Tea & coffee
- Prescription masks (deposit required)
- PADI Adventures in Diving Manual
- PADI Certification Fees
- All required Equipment
- Breakfast : Some
- Lunch : All
- Dinner : Some
- Reef and Port Authority charge (includes $3.50 EMC, fuel levy, Port & Administration charges & GST $16.50) per day at sea
- Money for soft drinks or alcohol
- Bring 2x passport photos for certification card
- Please click here for more diving information and to read the medical questionnaire.
- Transfers from the Northern Beaches $20.00 - payable on the day of travel
- Camera Hire
- Nitrox Fills
- SCUBA Guide ($15 per dive)
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
All cancellations made result in 25% cancellation fee of the total price. Any cancellations made 60-30 days prior to travel will result in a 50% cancellation fee and any cancellations made inside of 30 days to departure will result in forfeit of full trip fees. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
DAY 1- Failed Medical*; 75% refund. Cancellation for any other reason a charge of AUD$160.00 DAY 2- AUD$230 cancellation fee. AFTER DAY 2 - No refund will be given. Day trip Course Schedules can NOT be altered
Medicals are no longer mandatory but may be required on completion of self-assessment form. Copies available here http://www.diversden.com.au/medical.htm
*If Student fails medical they have a choice regarding the course manual: they may return the manual in AS NEW condition (for a full refund) or retain the manual, in which case the refund will be reduced by AU$105.00.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.