Spirit of Freedom's 4 day, 4 night Coral Sea getaway is a diver's dream come true!
- Explore the Coral Sea for four days and nights!
- Up to 15 dives included, at diverse coral reefs
- Unique reefs around the Ribbon Reefs and Coral Sea
- All gear included, and rooms serviced daily for relaxing and laid-back downtime
- Dive at famous reefs such as Cod Hole, Steve's Bommie and Osprey Reef
DIVE LEVEL RECOMMENDATION: Advanced type diving
Spirit of Freedom offers guests the chance to explore the Coral Sea and Ribbon Reefs for an immersive and amazing experience diving on the Great Barrier Reef. You'll have the chance to dive up to 15 times during your four-day excursion, including night diving! You can take part in shark diving, or swim with the giant potato cod at Cod Hole, as well as taking the time to explore all the beauty and diversity the reef has to offer. We'll take you to some of the most sought after reefs in the Great Barrier Reef, where you'll get to explore giant drop-offs, isolated pinnacles, delicate corals, colourful fish, caves, canyons and an endless variety of fish and coral species. This trip is a scuba diver's dream come true, with plenty of diving in some of the most beautiful reefs in the world!
Highlights & Features
- Four days and four nights on the Coral Sea and Ribbon Reefs
- Chance to do up to 15 dives, including night dives
- One way scenic flight to Lizard Island
- Takes up to 26 passengers
- Transfers to/from your Cairns city hotel
- Ensuite cabins with daily service
- Chef prepared meals
- PADI Advanced Course and PADI Nitrox Course available
- Beautiful and diverse reefs
- Chance to encounter minke whales in whale season (June, July)
- Non-divers also welcome
- Transfers included from Cairns City hotel accommodation
- Australian wines and soft drinks served with every meal
- Dive level recommendation: advanced divers only
This four-day tour departs on Thursdays from Cairns and starts bright and early in the morning! You'll start with a scenic flight to Lizard Island, where your boat journey begins. The first day involved a meet and greet with the crew and departure for Ribbon Reef Number 10, where you will dive at two sites including Cod Hole, Challenger Bay, Lighthouse Bommie, Pixie Gardens, and Pixie Pinnacle. In the evening, you'll do a 10-hour crossing to Osprey Reef and Coral Sea.
Over the next two days, you'll dive on Osprey Reef, which is known for its especially beautiful seascapes! The Coral Sea is known for its clear waters, with sheer walls, sea whips, and colourful corals. You'll do 4 or 5 dives a day, with the chance to do a night dive on Friday. On Saturday night, you'll depart Osprey Reef for the Ribbon Reefs for more diving!
During your last full day, you will get the chance to dive at Steve's Bommie, Temple of Doom, and Flare Point. If weather permits, you'll next head to Bougainville Reef, known for its unique and unusual seascape of caverns and a partially submerged wreck. On Sunday evening, you'll cruise overnight back to Cairns.
Snorkellers are welcome on board the 4-day journey to the Coral Sea and will get the chance to hop in the water a couple of times! Snorkellers won't be able to snorkel at every site, but don't worry - there's plenty of places to relax back on board! Due to the swift currents in the Coral Sea, some reefs are only suitable for very experienced snorkelers and strong swimmers with a high level of fitness.
Spirit Of Freedom's 4 day, 4 night trip is designed with scuba divers in mind! Over the course of 4 days, you will have the chance to dive up to 15 times, including 2 night dives. You will get to explore secluded reefs, isolated bommies, striking pinnacles and more. We offer a wide range of reefs that we may visit, all dependent on the conditions of the day to ensure you have the best possible experience! We will make sure you dive in the best reefs possible, getting to explore the vast seascapes and coral gardens of the Coral Sea.
You will spend your 4 days exploring Ribbon Reefs and Osprey Reef. The Ribbon Reefs run 200km from Cairns to Lizard Island and are made up of 10 individual reefs, which are known for their amazing diving locations. On board Spirit of Freedom, you may visit Pixie Pinnacle, Challenger Bay, The Clam Gardens, Lighthouse Bommie, Steve's Bommie, Temple of Doom or Dynamite Pass. The Ribbon Reefs are also home to the Cod Hole, known for its huge potato cod residents. Like giant puppy dogs, these guys love to come to say hello and pose for a picture or two with the visiting divers. Because of the protection of the sheltered waters in the reef, the Ribbon Reefs are great for all level of divers, including beginners. The reefs are relatively isolated and home to a huge range of marine species, and are full of amazing coral gardens ready to be explored!
Osprey Reef is located about 150km off the east coast in the famous Coral Sea. It is home to North Horn, known for its thriving shark population, where you can dive with grey whalers, white tips, silver tips and even hammerheads curing the winter and spring months. We'll take you "around the bend" to a manta ray cleaning station, where you'll often see manta rays being cleaned by smaller reef fish, which is always a really interesting sight! The reefs here are full of colours, soft and hard corals and an abundance of marine life. Osprey Reef is ideal for the more experienced diver due to the currents and depths, making it a perfect bucket-list diving item.4
*This itinerary is a sample only and sites may vary or the sequence may change. Access to the Cod Hole and the Coral Sea is tide and weather conditional
- Due to weight restrictions on your transfer aircraft, your luggage cannot weigh more than 20kg and all bags must be soft sided.
- Minimum age on board is 10 years. Children must be accompanied by a parent at all times, including when diving or snorkelling. We cannot guarantee that a crew member will be available to dive with a Junior open water diver (limited to 12m depth) on all dives. Spirit of Freedom does not supply child sized scuba equipment or wetsuits. Diving in ill-fitting equipment is not allowed.
- Diver experience recommendation: Advanced Diver certification with minimum 20 ocean dives including 5 dives in the last 12 months. Less experience may result in limited diving due to environmental conditions and remote isolation of the dive site. We recommend a Scuba Diver Refresher course prior to your trip.
- SNORKELLERS: The Coral Sea reefs we visit can have deeper reef tops and swift currents, making them suitable only for very experienced snorkellers and strong swimmers with a high level of fitness. You may not be able to snorkel at every site. Please note that while you may be safe under the watchful eye of the 'look-out' crew, a snorkel buddy may not always be available and you may be required to snorkel alone and to wear our flotation equipment.
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL OR CHAT WITH US LIVE!
What To Bring
- Dive Certification Card
- Hat and Sunscreen
- Personal items and toiletries (personal soap for each guest is provided)
- Warm clothing if you’re travelling in the winter months (May – September)
- Quick-dry towel or chamois for the dive deck
- Money for bar and other on board purchases
- Soft luggage (max 20kg)
- Accommodation transfer from Cairns City accommodation
- Scenic flight – Lizard Island to Cairns
- Opportunity for up to 11 dives
- Quality, chef-prepared meals, Australian wine with evening meals
- All linen and cabin towels
- Tanks and weights
- Dives on the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- Dives at the world famous Cod Hole home to a family of giant potato cod
- Dives on the remarkable chain of Ribbon Reefs with varied topography featuring coves with expansive beds of plate corals to isolated pinnacles, home to clouds of colourful tropical fish
- AU$50 Marine Park Levy and Port fee
- Gear hire, Nitrox fills, any courses taken on board, drinks outside of the evening meal time, seasickness tablets, and any souvenirs purchased.
- 3 Day Full Equipment Rental (if required) - $130pp
- 3 Day Nitrox Package - $75pp
- PADI Advanced Course - $265pp
- PADI Nitrox Course - $325pp
Please click here for more diving information and to read the medical questionnaire.
Terms and Conditions
Please advise us before booking if any passengers are under 18 years old to ensure this is the appropriate trip.
You must reconfirm all booked tours prior to travel as specified on your voucher. If applicable, notes such as dietary requirements, pick-up locations and additional fees should also be confirmed at this time. Reconfirmations cannot be actioned through Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel, and must be done so directly through the Service Operator as specified on each ticket.
It is your responsibility to notify us of ticket discrepancies. Please read through the details on your voucher thoroughly to ensure all details such as passenger names, ages and dates of travel on vouchers are correct.
It is the responsibility of all passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of any medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
You need to allow adequate time to check-in prior to the specified departure time.
All prices are stated in Australian dollars and include GST. Surcharges over peak holiday seasons may apply.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices and extra costs. Extra costs may include EMC fees, Stingersuit/Wetsuit Hire, Luggage Storage, Insurance, Linen Hire, National Park Fees, Fuel Levies, Dietary Fees, etc. Bonds may also apply.
We will also endeavour to communicate these extra costs with you at the time of booking, and on your ticket. However, it is your responsibility to confirm which (if any) additional costs apply with each Service Operator upon reconfirming your trip.
It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We highly recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. You should also ensure your travel insurance will cover special circumstances including weather events preventing guests from travelling to their tour departure destination and cancelled flights due to unforeseen circumstances.
The Service Operator reserves the right to limit courtesy transfers to select local accommodations. Private residences or Airbnb properties may be asked to meet at the closest confirmed location. Failure to meet at the specified pick-up location may be treated as “No Show”, for which the Client Cancellation Policy applies.
Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
Terms and Conditions (including the Cancellation Policy) are subject to change. The most recent versions can be found online on the relevant product pages.
All ticket/voucher reissues attract a $20 administration fee.
Open Date Vouchers / Gift Certificate:
Shipping Costs are in addition to the ticket price and will be added at check-out. Shipping costs are non-refundable and do not makeup part of the ticket value.
E-Vouchers incur no shipping fees.
You have 5 years to use the value of the voucher. Seasonal Price Rises will apply if travelling out the current seasons pricing. Vouchers can be exchanged for free up to the full value of the voucher excluding credit card fees and charges.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price. No shows or client cancellations made within 21 day of departure forfeit 100% of the total ticket price.
Sailing Whitsundays are required to notify the operator of any cancellations within the specified cancellation period (24 hours). It is your responsibility to make sure you submit your cancellation request with adequate time, and during standard business hours (9am-5pm), to allow us to contact the tour provider.
Transfers between tours can be made at the suppliers discretion, however, it should be noted that supplier fees may apply. Tour transfers also incur a $20 administration fee.
It is compulsory that all cancellation requests are in writing and sent via email to email@example.com. Cancellations attempted via online chat or phone will not be actioned.
The Service Operator reserves the right to alter prices, alter itineraries, apply a fuel surcharge, cancel departures, arrange alternative transport and vary itineraries and services if necessary.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Service Operator. If the Service Operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus a 20% administration fee and any associated card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
In the unlikely event of your trip being cancelled or stood down, all guest communication is required to go through our Online Store via telephone or email. While there is a Sailing Whitsundays retail outlet located Airlie Beach, please be aware that they operate as a separate entity and are unable to access reservations made by the Mr Travel online department.
All refunds are in Australian Dollars and must be made to the card of payment. Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel is not liable for exchange rate fluctuations or fees, or any other merchant/bank fees associated with domestic and/or international transactions.
Where a full refund is applicable, there is the option to transfer the whole cost of the tour to another tour or “Credit” to avoid the administration fee. A transfer fee of $20 will apply.
You will be emailed confirmation once the refund has been processed. Once the refund has been processed, it may still take time for the banks to clear the amount. Please allow 7-10 business days for the funds to clear into Australian accounts and up to 21 business days for international accounts.
All Service Operators have the right to provide client feedback and to cancel bookings based off of feedback from other Service Operators.
Please enjoy your travel experience in a kind and responsible manner.
Sailing Whitsundays/Mr Travel will treat this as any normal client cancellation and therefore the cancellation fees stated in the Client Cancellation Policy will apply.
Thank you for booking with our East-Coast travel experts here at Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any further advice, assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours please get in touch.