The perfect day tour for all ages visiting the amazing Outer Reef pontoon. There is something for everyone with snorkelling, scuba diving, semi-submersible, underwater observatory and more!
- Located on the Agincourt Reef on the edge of Australia's Continental Shelf, Quicksilver's pontoon offers a fun day for the whole family to explore the Great Barrier Reef, with something for everyone!
- Snorkel, scuba dive, and even view the reef from a semi-submersible boat!
- Option to go on a scenic helicopter ride over the reef
- Amazing day on a stunning reef location
- Fly/Cruise option available - Fly to Outer Reef & Cruise return OR Cruise to Outer Reef & Fly return
Quicksilver's fun activity platform is a great place for the whole family to explore the stunning Agincourt Reef of the Outer Great Barrier Reef. With snorkelling, scuba diving, a semi-submersible boat, ocean walking and an underwater observatory, you'll have a day full of activities in as many ways as possible. This trip is ideal for both swimmers and non-swimmers and has a fully attentive crew who will help you make the most of your time out on the reef.
- Full day trip to a pontoon on the Great Barrier Reef on Agincourt Reef
- Fats, stable and comfortable catamaran
- Semi-submersible included
- Underwater observatory for fish & coral viewing included
- Morning and afternoon tea on board
- Hot and cold tropical smorgasbord lunch
- All snorkelling equipment provided
- Abundant marine life
- Friendly and informed crew
- Vibrant reefs for snorkelling, scuba diving, or viewing from our semi-submersible boats
- Fish feeding show
- Option to go on a helicopter ride over the reef
- Option to add a guided snorkel tour & scuba diving
- Option to add an ocean walker experience
- Pickups available from Cairns and Port Douglas at an additional charge
- Stinger/lycra suits and buoyancy aids provided
- EXTRA $7 EMC tax to pay on check-in
- 9:15am - Check in, followed by 9:30am boarding
- 10:00am - Depart the marina and enjoy the view inside our airconditioned cabins, or choose to soak up the sun outside
- 10:30am - Our crew will brief you on the day as well as show you the ropes for a day full of snorkelling. Divers will also be briefed on what's to follow during their days activities. Top it off with a presentation on the marine life in the area.
- 11:30am - Arrive on the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- 12-1:30pm - A hot and cold tropical lunch is served on board, buffet style. With fresh prawns, pastas, meats, salads and fruit, you'll have an amazing lunch before heading back out for activities!
- 3:00pm - Depart Agincourt Reef to head back to Port Douglas, checking out photos and videos from the day
- 4:30pm - Arrival back at Reef Marina
Definitely a staple to spending the day at the Quicksilver pontoon, snorkelling is a great way to explore the Great Barrier Reef. All of your equipment and tuition are included, and you will have a lifeguard keeping an eye out while you adventure around! If you want to learn as you explore, you can follow our marine biologist for a guided snorkelling adventure, where they'll point out all the marine life below, giving you an idea of what they are and how they play into this amazing ecosystem. Quicksilver offers an introductory snorkel tour of 30-40 minutes or an advanced snorkel tour for those who feel comfortable in the water, lasting up to an hour. Tours are subject to charge.
See all the beauty of the reef up close without getting wet with our semi-submersible boat. Cruise underneath the surface of the water for a surreal and immersive experience where you can see the reef lagoons and coral gardens while staying dry and enjoying the air-conditioning. Your tour and all commentary are included and you can go as many times as you like during the day!
This unique way to check out the fish and marine life is great for the whole family. Watch fish (and scuba divers) swim past as they go about their daily lives, or stay tuned for a fish feeding show, conducted just above you on our unique viewing platform.
Diving on the Great Barrier Reef is an experience like no other! We offer both introductory and certified diving so all types of divers can enjoy the Agincourt Reef. With generally good visibility and exceptional marine life, it's a diver's paradise. Dives are subject to charge.
Experience the feeling of diving without having to get geared up! With ocean walking, you'll wear an astronaut-like helmet and breath normally as you walk on the ocean floor, keeping your hair and face out of the water completely! This unique experience is suitable for non-swimmers who wish to have a below-the-sea experience without all the fuss! Subject to charge.
- Please note that this tour departs from Port Douglas. Pick-ups are available from Port Douglas and Cairns
- Please Note: Pickups not available until September 17th 2022.
- Divers are subject to a medical questionnaire. Please click here for more diving information and to read the medical questionnaire.
- Helicopter Flights: Child policy, children 3 years and above are required to pay the full fare. Infants, 2 years and under, may travel free when seated on a guardians lap. For bookings of more than one infant, conditions apply – please contact Reservations. Passenger weight must be advised at time of booking.
What To Bring
- Cash for EMC charge
- Morning & afternoon tea
- Hot & cold tropical smorgasbord lunch
- All snorkelling equipment
- Underwater observatory
- Stinger/lycra suits
- Boyancy aids
- Return cruise from Port Douglas on Wavepiercer
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Fish feeding
- EMC Charge On Arrival
- Fuel Surcharge
- A fuel surcharge may be applicable and in such cases is payable direct on the day of travel.
- Return Coach Transfers
- $20pp Adult/$10pp Child/$50 per Family Ex Port Douglas
- $35pp Adult/$20pp Child/$90 per Family Ex Cairns & Northern Beaches
- Please Note: Pickups not available until September 17th 2022.
- Optional Activities
- Ocean Walker Helmet Diving - $188pp
- Guided Snorkel Tours - Intro $72pp Adult/Advanced $90pp Adult
- Scenic Helicopter Flights - $199pp (children 3 years and above are required to pay the full fare. Infants, 2 years and under, may travel free when seated on a guardians lap)
- Certified & Introductory Dives
- Please click here for more diving information and to read the medical questionnaire.
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD purchases.
Open Date Vouchers / Gift Certificate:
Shipping Costs are in addition to the ticket price and will be added at check-out. Shipping costs are non-refundable and do not makeup part of the ticket value.
E-Vouchers incur no shipping fees.
You have 5 years to use the value of the voucher. Seasonal Price Rises will apply if travelling out the current seasons pricing. Vouchers can be exchanged for free up to the full value of the voucher excluding credit card fees and charges.
All cancellations made result in 25% cancellation fee of the total price. Any cancellations made 60-30 days prior to travel will result in a 50% cancellation fee and any cancellations made inside of 30 days to departure will result in forfeit of full trip fees. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel/Sailing Whitsundays. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.
4.8 / 5.0
Based on 4 reviews