Billy Tea Safaris is a small locally owned tour operator, which operates personalised tours from their custom built 4WD vehicles. Guests can look forward to the company of naturalist guides who have extensive knowledge of the flora, fauna and Aboriginal culture and history of the area, giving you plenty of insight during the day tour. You can look forward to exploring both the Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation - two iconic destinations in Far North Queensland!
- Enjoy a huge Aussie BBQ lunch
- Spot rare animals like a cassowary or a Boyd's forest dragon
- Hand feed wallabies at an exclusive rainforest lunch setting
- See crocodiles and birdlife on the 1 hour Daintree River cruise
- Walk through the Daintree Rainforest on an elevated boardwalk
- Spectacular views where the world-heritage rainforest meets the Great Barrier Reef
- Learn about aboriginal culture and rare flora & fauna from our knowledgeable guides
- Get up close to Eclectus parrots, baby crocodiles, pythons and other native wildlife
- Go for a freshwater swim in the rainforest at pristine Emmagen Creek
- Enjoy a stroll to the photographer's lookout for spectacular views
- Cable Ferry crossing across the mighty Daintree river
- Spend time at the famous Cape Tribulation Beach
- Try a traditional Aussie 'Billy Tea' with damper
- Share an exotic local tropical fruit platter
- Air-conditioned vehicles for best in comfort
Start your day with a drive north along the scenic route to Cape Tribulation. Lush farmland contrasts with seascape as we approach the majestic Daintree River. Relax and enjoy the splendour only the Daintree can offer as you learn of estuarine crocodiles, mangrove forests and wildlife as you cross the river.
Afterwards, we ascend the Alexandra Range and pause for a panoramic view of World Heritage tropical rainforest merging with the azure colours of the Coral Sea. Experience the rainforest intimately on our elevated National Park Boardwalk. Accurate interpretations of flora and fauna will be given with ample time for photographs and questions as we search for the elusive, rare and totally unique southern cassowary and other wildlife species within this habitat.
A delicious barbecue lunch with freshly prepared salads (dietary requirements catered for with prior notice) is served while you can hand feed wallabies and enjoy a cold drink from the bar (own cost). And our tour does a little more than most as it takes you beyond Cape Tribulation along 7kms of the 4WD Bloomfield Track to the pristine Emmagen Creek! Here you can enjoy a refreshing rainforest freshwater swim, which will be welcome in the warm, tropical heat. Seek fish and turtles in the creek, butterflies and exotic birds in the trees and indulge in a taste testing of tropical fruit, paired with a cup of traditional Billy Tea and Aussie damper!
At Cape Tribulation Beach, there is a little time to stroll along the beach and boardwalk to the photographer's platform overlooking the mountains and coast where the 'Rainforest meets the Reef.'
After a short afternoon refreshment stop at the Daintree Ice-creamery, we cross the Daintree River by cable ferry and begin our homeward journey somewhat wiser for our total rainforest experience!
Cairns at 7:00am approx.
Northern Beaches at 7:35am approx.
Port Douglas at 8:20am approx.
Cairns at 6:30pm approx.
Northern Beaches at 6:00pm approx.
Port Douglas at 5:30pm approx.
- Please note there is no swimming at Cape Tribulation Beach due to dangerous hazards
- The ice cream shop is at your own cost
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL OR LIVE CHAT WITH US NOW!
What To Bring
- Sweatshirt or jacket (for colder months)
- Water bottle
- Money for drinks/snacks
- Lunch and morning tea
- Accommodation transfers - Cairns, Northern Beaches and Port Douglas
- National Park fees
- Ferry crossing
- Guided National Park walks
- Environmental and fuel levy may apply
- Drinks and snacks
Terms and Conditions
Department of Transport Regulations state seat belts are compulsory for all passengers and infants and must be worn at all times. Billy Tea Safaris reserves the right to alter or cancel itineraries due to weather conditions, flooding or other factors beyond the control of the operator, no refund will be given in these circumstances or in the event of any delay. All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the tour or package. If the tour operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to the departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel. Please advise us of your accommodation so we can arrange your pick up for you.