Spirit of Freedom's 4 day, 4 night Coral Sea getaway is a diver's dream come true!
- Explore the Coral Sea for four days and nights!
- Dive up to 15 times at diverse and unique reefs around the Ribbon Reefs and Coral Sea
- All gear included, and rooms serviced daily for relaxing and laid-back downtime
- Dive at famous reefs such as Cod Hole, Steve's Bommie and Osprey Reef
Spirit of Freedom offers guests the chance to explore the Coral Sea and Ribbon Reefs for an immersive and amazing experience diving on the Great Barrier Reef. You'll have the chance to dive up to 15 times during your four-day excursion, including night diving! You can take part in shark diving, or swim with the giant potato cod at Cod Hole, as well as taking the time to explore all the beauty and diversity the reef has to offer. We'll take you to some of the most sought after reefs in the Great Barrier Reef, where you'll get to explore giant drop-offs, isolated pinnacles, delicate corals, colourful fish, caves, canyons and an endless variety of fish and coral species. This trip is a scuba diver's dream come true, with plenty of diving in some of the most beautiful reefs in the world!
- Four days and four nights on the Coral Sea and Ribbon Reefs
- Takes up to 26 passengers
- Chance to do up to 15 dives, including night dives
- One way scenic flight to Lizard Island
- Ensuite cabins with daily service
- Chef prepared meals
- PADI Advanced Course and PADI Nitrox Course available
- Beautiful and diverse reefs
- Chance to encounter minke whales in whale season (June, July)
- Non-divers also welcome
- Transfers included from Cairns City hotel accommodation
- Australian wines and soft drinks served with every meal
- Dive level recommendation: advanced divers only
This four-day tour departs on Thursdays from Cairns and starts bright and early in the morning! You'll start with a scenic flight to Lizard Island, where your boat journey begins. The first day involved a meet and greet with the crew and departure for Ribbon Reef Number 10, where you will dive at two sites including Cod Hole, Challenger Bay, Lighthouse Bommie, Pixie Gardens, and Pixie Pinnacle. In the evening, you'll do a 10-hour crossing to Osprey Reef and Coral Sea.
Over the next two days, you'll dive on Osprey Reef, which is known for its especially beautiful seascapes! The Coral Sea is known for its clear waters, with sheer walls, sea whips, and colourful corals. You'll do 4 or 5 dives a day, with the chance to do a night dive on Friday. On Saturday night, you'll depart Osprey Reef for the Ribbon Reefs for more diving!
During your last full day, you will get the chance to dive at Steve's Bommie, Temple of Doom, and Flare Point. If weather permits, you'll next head to Bougainville Reef, known for its unique and unusual seascape of caverns and a partially submerged wreck. On Sunday evening, you'll cruise overnight back to Cairns.
Snorkellers are welcome on board the 4-day journey to the Coral Sea and will get the chance to hop in the water a couple of times! Snorkellers won't be able to snorkel at every site, but don't worry - there's plenty of places to relax back on board! Due to the swift currents in the Coral Sea, some reefs are only suitable for very experienced snorkelers and strong swimmers with a high level of fitness.
Spirit Of Freedom's 4 day, 4 night trip is designed with scuba divers in mind! Over the course of 4 days, you will have the chance to dive up to 15 times, including 2 night dives. You will get to explore secluded reefs, isolated bommies, striking pinnacles and more. We offer a wide range of reefs that we may visit, all dependent on the conditions of the day to ensure you have the best possible experience! We will make sure you dive in the best reefs possible, getting to explore the vast seascapes and coral gardens of the Coral Sea.
You will spend your 4 days exploring Ribbon Reefs and Osprey Reef. The Ribbon Reefs run 200km from Cairns to Lizard Island and are made up of 10 individual reefs, which are known for their amazing diving locations. On board Spirit of Freedom, you may visit Pixie Pinnacle, Challenger Bay, The Clam Gardens, Lighthouse Bommie, Steve's Bommie, Temple of Doom or Dynamite Pass. The Ribbon Reefs are also home to the Cod Hole, known for its huge potato cod residents. Like giant puppy dogs, these guys love to come to say hello and pose for a picture or two with the visiting divers. Because of the protection of the sheltered waters in the reef, the Ribbon Reefs are great for all level of divers, including beginners. The reefs are relatively isolated and home to a huge range of marine species, and are full of amazing coral gardens ready to be explored!
Osprey Reef is located about 150km off the east coast in the famous Coral Sea. It is home to North Horn, known for its thriving shark population, where you can dive with grey whalers, white tips, silver tips and even hammerheads curing the winter and spring months. We'll take you "around the bend" to a manta ray cleaning station, where you'll often see manta rays being cleaned by smaller reef fish, which is always a really interesting sight! The reefs here are full of colours, soft and hard corals and an abundance of marine life. Osprey Reef is ideal for the more experienced diver due to the currents and depths, making it a perfect bucket-list diving item.
- Due to weight restrictions on your transfer aircraft, your luggage cannot weigh more than 20kg and all bags must be soft sided.
- Please note that this is an example only and is subject to change
- Snorkellers can best snorkel at Ribbon Reefs, with Coral Sea locations only suitable for experienced snorkellers. You may not be able to snorkel at every site, weather dependent.
- Diver experience recommendation: Advanced Diver certification with minimum 20 ocean dives including 5 dives in the last 12 months. Less experience may result in limited diving due to environmental conditions and remote isolation of the dive site. We recommend a Scuba Diver Refresher course prior to your trip.
- Unavailable due to scheduled maintenance April 27th 2020 to May 31st 2020
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL CHAT WITH US LIVE!
What To Bring
- Dive Certification Card
- Hat and sunscreen
- Warm clothing for evenings
- Money for bar and other onboard purchases
- Soft luggage (20kg limit)
- Transfers included from Cairns City hotel accommodation (Does not apply to private residences and Airbnbs)
- Opportunity for up to 15 dives
- Tanks and weights
- Ensuite cabin with daily service
- Quality, chef-prepared meals Australian wine with evening meals
- A AUD$50 per person Marine Park Levy & Port fee applies (Flat fee for 3,4, or 7 day tour)
- 4 Day Full Equipment Rental (if required) AUD$170.00
- 4 Day Nitrox Package AUD$105.00
- PADI Advance Course 265.00
- PADI Nitrox Course 325.00
Please click here for more diving information and to read the medical questionnaire.
Terms and Conditions
All bookings MUST reconfirm 48hrs in advance. Ph: 07 4047 9150 or from outside AU: +61 7 4047 9150.
Due to light aircraft weight restrictions, your total luggage weight is limited to 20kg/45lb per person. All bags must be soft sided.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator.
It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control.
We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel
on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 50% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the trip.
If the company has to cancel the trip (prior to departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees.
We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.