Spirit of Freedom is a must-see and a must-do in Cairns
- Join an adventure to Australia's Great Barrier Reef and other remote reefs!
- Visit Ribbon Reefs and the famous Cod Hole - home to a family of giant potato cod
- Over two and a half amazing days you will have the opportunity for up to 11 dives and encounter stunning corals and vibrant tropical fish!
- Ideal tour for experienced divers - even includes a night dive!
Sleek and spacious, the Spirit of Freedom offers one of the best in liveaboard dive tours to the famous Cod Hole and Ribbon Reefs. This tour begins every Monday from Cairns, and travels along the rarely visited Ribbon Reefs, finishing 240 km to the north at the world famous Cod Hole. With the chance to do up to 11 dives you'll get to see the best of the Great Barrier Reef, building your dive skills and immersing yourself into the famous corals of the world's most well-known reefs.
- Transfer from Cairns City hotel accommodation
- Quality, chef-prepared meals
- Australian wine with evening meals
- All linen and towels included
- Tanks and weights
- Chance to see a vast variety of marine life
- Two dives on the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- Two dives at the world famous Cod Hole, home to a family of giant potato cod
- Six dives on the remarkable chain of Ribbon Reefs with varied topography
- Featuring coves with expansive beds of plate corals to isolated pinnacles, home to clouds of colourful tropical fish
- EXTRA $20pp Marine Park Levy & Port fee Applies
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience one of the worlds' greatest wonders, the Great Barrier Reef!
At 37 metres, Spirit is one of Australias largest liveaboard dive vessels with onboard facilities to satisfy the most discerning dive traveller. Electronic stabilizers ensure the smoothest cruising, while the comfortable furnishings and polished timber interior, give you the feeling of being on a luxury private yacht. Passenger entertainment areas include the sun deck, lounge/ bar and huge dining saloon with wide screen TV/DVD system. There's also a large fully equipped dive deck with nitrox and photo facilities. Spirit of Freedom has 11 roomy cabins that all feature private bathrooms and are serviced daily, to give you the best in comfort during your journey!
On your first day, your courtesy bus will pick you up around 11:00am to bring your to the Spirit of Freedom boat at Trinity Wharf. You'll be greeted by the friendly crew where you'll get a quick orientation for departure at 12:00pm. You'll get to enjoy a comfortable ride to the Great Barrier Reef where your diving adventure begins! On the first day, you will get to do up to 3 dives.
You will spend most of the next days at Ribbon Reef, exploring number 9 and 10 reefs, doing plenty of diving! You will also get to do a night dive and visit Cod Hole!
On your final day, you will head to Lizard Island, where you will hop on a scenic flight back to Cairns! The flight takes about one hour, arriving back between 11:15am and 11:45am. Your shuttle will meet you there and bring you back to your accommodation in Cairns city.
Snorkellers are welcome to join the Spirit of Freedom tour and will get to get in the water at Ribbon Reef. Snorkellers can best snorkel at here, with Coral Sea locations only suitable for experienced snorkellers. You may not be able to snorkel at every site as it weather dependent and some reefs are not suitable for snorkellers. You should be physically fit, and to ensure your safety, you may have to wear floatation devices in the water! But rest assured, while others are scuba diving, you can relax back on the deck with plenty of space to yourself.
This tour is designed with divers in mind! You should have your open water certification before joining this tour and have some level of experience. We take you to remote reefs where you will get to fully enjoy the stunning life that lives here, swimming amongst it and enjoying it at its best! You will get to do four or five dives per day, including a night dive, giving you plenty of time in the water. You will get to visit many different reef sites, the most notable being Cod Hole! This famous reef is known for its family of potato cod, which you will be able to get up close and personal with during your dive!
You will visit reef sites on the Outer Great Barrier Reef, Ribbon Reef and Cod Hole during your 3 day tour. Sites include Wonder-wall, Pixie Pinnacle, Challenger Bay, Two Towers, Lighthouse Bommie, and the Snake Pit. With the right currents, you'll get the chance to drift dive at Dynamite Pass, well known as a channel for sharks to pass through! With up to 11 dives on the itinerary, you will get to see and experience an abundance of reefs and thoroughly enjoy their diversity and beauty as you drift along in the underwater world.
- Please note that this is an example only and is subject to change
- Snorkellers can best snorkel at Ribbon Reefs, with Coral Sea locations only suitable for experienced snorkellers. You may not be able to snorkel at every site, weather dependent.
- Diver experience recommendation: Open Water certification with minimum 10 ocean dives including 5 dives in the last 12 months
- Less experience may result in limited diving due to environmental conditions. We recommend a Scuba Diver Refresher course prior to your trip
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR CHAT LIVE WITH US!
What To Bring
- Dive Certification Card
- Hat and Sunscreen
- Warm clothing for evenings
- Money for bar and other on board purchases
- Soft luggage (max 20kg)
- AU$20 for reef tax
- Accommodation transfer from Cairns City accommodation
- Quality, chef-prepared meals, Australian wine with evening meals
- All linen and towels
- Tanks and weights
- Dives on the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- Dives at the world famous Cod Hole home to a family of giant potato cod
- Dives on the remarkable chain of Ribbon Reefs with varied topography featuring coves with expansive beds of plate corals to isolated pinnacles, home to clouds of colourful tropical fish
- AU$20 Marine Park Levy and Port fee
- 3 Day Full Equipment Rental (if required) - $130pp
- 3 Day Nitrox Package - $75pp
- PADI Advanced Course - $265pp
- PADI Nitrox Course - $325pp
Please click here for more diving information and to read the medical questionnaire.
Terms and Conditions
Departs/Ends: Cairns. All bookings MUST reconfirm 48hrs in advance. Ph: 07 4047 9150 or from outside AU: +61 7 4047 9150.
Extra costs: AU$20 EMC;
Due to light aircraft weight restrictions, your total luggage weight is limited to 20kg/45lb per person. All bags must be soft sided.
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator.
It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control.
We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel
on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the trip.
If the company has to cancel the trip (prior to departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees.
We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.