Learn to dive with the world leaders in scuba education!
- Pro Dive is internationally recognised as the best learning providers in open water diving courses, offering a safe, professional environment where you can gain your PADI Open Water certification,
- Opportunity to dive in some of the most spectacular areas in the Great Barrier Reef, including their own exclusive dive sites!
- Spend 2 days doing pool training and 3 days at sea
- Walk away with your Open Water Certification
The Pro Dive 5 day Open Water Course is the perfect choice for those wanting to learn to scuba dive, in some of the best dive locations in the world! Operating since 1983, Pro Dive has developed and maintained its reputation as the premier dive company in Cairns. Offering high-quality trips, they provide outstanding product quality and excellent safety standards, a professional and friendly crew and great value for money. The centrally located custom built learning centre in Cairns provides students with 2 days pool and theory, followed by a 3 day, 2 night liveaboard adventure to the amazing Great Barrier Reef. Pro Dive maintain 16 exclusive dive sites on 4 different reefs, boasting some of the most spectacular dive locations in the area. Here, you will enjoy 4 training dives and 5 recreational dives, (including 1 night dive), leaving you with truly spectacular and memorable experiences of your open water course.
- 2 days pool and theory
- 3 days, 2 night live-aboard including meals, linen and accommodation
- 9 dives (4 training dives and 5 pleasure dives - including one night dive)
- PADI Gold Open Water Certificate and PADI Open Water Manual
- Accommodation transfers, from Cairns City and Northern Beaches
- Morning tea and afternoon tea (on liveaboard only)
- All dive equipment - including dive computer, wetsuit and dive torch
- Dive insurance
- 2 nights accommodation (twin share) and meals whilst on board
- 2 x passport photos (for your certification card), all stationery requirements needed for classroom activities
- EXTRA $80pp to pay for Reef taxes, port departure tax and admin fees
Day 1 - Academic & Pool Training
8:00am Complimentary transfers available from Cairns City & Northern Beaches accommodation
8:30am Check in at ProDive Training Centre - 116 Spence Street, Cairns
8:45am Academic training in the classroom
1:00pm Dive medical and lunch break (at own expense)
2:00pm Pool training
5:30pm Complimentary transfers to your Cairns accommodation
Day 2 - Academic & Pool Training
7:30am Complimentary transfers available from Cairns City & Northern Beaches
8:00am Equipment lecture, free time in the pool to try different equipment
9:15am Pool training
12:15pm Gearing up at Prodive retail shop and opportunity to make any purchases with a 10% discount
1:00pm Lunch break (at own expense)
2:00pm Return to training centre for academic training and final exam
5:45pm Complimentary transfer returns you to your accommodation or to Reef Teach (optional extra)
Day 3 - Diving the Outer Great Barrier Reef
5:45am Complimentary transfers available from Cairns City & Northern Beaches
6:15am Check in at Prodive retail shop - corner Shields & Grafton Streets
7:00am Depart Cairns for 3 days/2 nights of fantastic diving and snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef. A light breakfast is served on board
10:30am Your first training dive in the ocean
12:00pm Lunch is served - hearty soup with an array of fresh salads, cold meats & bread rolls
2:30pm Your second training dive
6:00pm Dinner - the menu changes each trip however it will be wholesome, delicious and lots of it! Then time to relax
Day 4 - Experience further fantastic diving on the Outer Great Barrier Reef
7:00am Your third training dive
8:00am Enjoy a hearty breakfast of cereal, fresh fruit, bacon and eggs as well as toast & spreads
10:30am Your fourth and final training dive!
12:00pm Lunch on the second day is hot pasta with a variety of fresh salads
2:30pm You are now a certified diver - your first pleasure dive!
6:00pm A hot dinner is served
7:30pm A guided night dive!
Day Five - Morning dives and return to Cairns
6:30am Your first dive of the day
7:30am A hot breakfast accompanied with fresh fruit salad, cereals and toast
9:00am After breakfast, the vessel makes its last site of the trip, where you will do your second dive11:00 Your last dive of the trip!
12:00pm A selection of freshly made sandwiches is served before the vessel heads back to Cairns
5:00pm Complimentary accommodation transfers to Cairns City & Northern Beaches
7:30pm Join fellow passengers & crew at a local restaurant for a farewell dinner! (optional extra)
- Please note - pick up times will vary so please check your time the Pro Dive office prior to departure.
- Guests must be able to swim at least 200m (or 300m with mask, fins and snorkel) and tread water (float) for 10 minutes. Minimum age is 12 years (no maximum age). Must have dive medical - which must be in accordance with Australian Standard AS4005-1 (This can be arranged by Pro Dive on day 1 of course - a fee of $60.50 per person is payable direct to the doctor. A history of asthma, diabetes & pregnancy may exclude you from scuba diving). Please click here for more diving information and to read the medical questionnaire.
- English Courses Commence: Daily except for Sunday 8.30am.German Courses available on Tuesdays & Fridays, Japanese Courses available on Thursdays.
- 3 day/ 2 night liveaboard - departs daily 7.00 am and returns at 4.00 pm on the third day.
- Prodive offers a variety of other diving courses including Advanced, Rescue, Referral and Refresher Courses and many more. Please inquire for more details.
- Please note that accommodation on day one and two is not included. We can also organize hostel accommodation in Cairns for you during the theory part of your course, saving you the trouble.
BOOK WITH US TODAY! CALL 1800 550 751 OR (07) 4914 2425 IF LOCAL
What To Bring
Pool and Theory: Please bring your ticket, dive medical and $80 reef taxes, plus swimwear, towel and own lunch or money for lunch, drinks and snacks (day one and two).
Liveboard: Please pack a small soft overnight bag with a change of clothes, hat, swim-wear, beach towel, sunscreen 30+, toiletries warm pullover for the evenings (seasonal). Luggage can usually be stored at local accommodation in Cairns (at own cost).
- 2 days pool and theory, 3 days/2 night liveabord
- 9 dives, meals, accommodation and linen on boat, all instruction and dive equipment, PADI Open water certificate
- Dive Medical
- Reef Taxes - AU $80 (payable locally)
- Accommodation in Cairns
- Food or drinks during theory part of the course (day one and two)
- Money for drinks during the liveaboard
- Optional underwater camera hire AU$45 per dive and AU$120 for the entire trip
- Some medical conditions may prevent you from diving. All students must read the 'Entry Level Student Diver Medical Declaration Form'. You will be required to obtain a dive medical certificate if you answer “yes” to any of the questions on the medical declaration - The dive medical must be completed PRIOR to starting the course and must be valid within 90 days of commencing the course: http://www.prodivecairns.com/studentmedical.pdf
- If you have diabetes, please visit our website for information on diving with diabetes: http://www.prodivecairns.com.au/forms.
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 1.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 25% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 21 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the tour or package. If the tour operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to the departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season. Please be advised that Asthma, Epilepsy, diabetes, any major heart or lung problems and pregnancy will permit them from diving. A dive medical must be obtained from a doctor prior to departure.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.