Stay and play with the Overnight Reef Encounter for as little or as long as you like!
- Choose to stay as long as you like, starting with one night
- Snorkellers, intro divers and certified divers welcome
- Stylish accommodation and onboard features
- Join the Top Deck Club for the next step in comfort and luxury
Want a true Outer Great Barrier Reef experience? Stay there for the night with Overnight Reef Encounter. This 35 metre catamaran is the ideal vessel to experience snorkelling and diving at the outer Great Barrier Reef! And, when not in the water, relax and enjoy the atmosphere onboard with air-conditioned comfort, spa, spacious decks, and dining and recreation areas. With the flexibility stay on the boat for up to 4 days, there is plenty of time to explore the reefs, and even the choice to experience the glass bottom boat with marine life commentary.
Overnight Reef Encounter Features:
- Overnight twin /double share cabins with private bathrooms
- Onboard heated spa
- Onboard Chef preparing all meals
- Licensed onboard bar
- Hydraulic dive/snorkel platform
- Heli pad
- Scuba diving demonstration and instruction
- Glass bottom boat and marine commentary
- Marine biologist presentation
- AU$15 fees per day (comprised of $4.50 EMC, $5.50 Cairns Port Authority + $5 fuel levy)
Snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and enjoy one of the natural wonders of the world. With more fish and coral species than anywhere else on the planet, you will have an incredible time during your time among the reefs! We carefully select our reefs to ensure the best visibility and conditions during your snorkels so you can have the best experience possible. This fun activity is ideal for guests of all ages and experience! All your equipment and tuition is included and our purpose built snorkel platform makes it easy to get in and out of the water!
Glass bottom boat
We offer glass bottom boat tours around the reef where you can witness the reef up close all while learning something new from your knowledgeable crew. They are available by request, so be sure to ask your crew if you want to try out this fun alternative to snorkelling. You will get to cruise along, checking out the views from above, feeling like you are part of the reef, watching as the fish swim by!
You can dive onboard Reef Encounter, no experience required! All tours are guided by a qualified instructor who will teach you everything you need to know before diving below the waves! You can look forward to seeing the reef as you never have before. Swim alongside the fish and other marine animals as you check out the coral gardens and stunning seascape.
Certified divers can look forward to plenty of time under the water during their time on Reef Encounter. We offer plenty of day dives as well as night dives, giving you plenty of times to explore the reefs and all they have to offer. During the 1 night tour you can enjoy 6 dives, the 2 night tour offers 10 opportunities and the 3 night tour up to 14 dives! Divers can choose to dive in a buddy system or partner up with a guided dive to enjoy the reef alongside one of the experts.
Certified divers can enjoy the thrill of diving at night! Every night offers an opportunity to dive, so you can see what the reefs are like after the sun sets. The reef is extremely active at night where plenty of fish come out to feed, including sharks and giant trevallies, giving you the chance to see the reef in a whole new way.
Reef Encounter offers dive courses including open water, advanced courses, refresher courses, and qualified stress and rescue diver course. This added perk is great if you want to take your diving skills to the next level while on the Great Barrier Reef.
Top Deck Club
Reef Encounter offers a special service called the Top Deck Club, which is designed to take care of all your needs! Much like ‘first class’ this top of the line option is great for those who want a little extra luxury and attention during their trip. Perks include a dedicated personal valet, three-course evening meals, a private scuba or snorkel guide and late check-out times.
We visit reef locations found on Norman Reef, Flynn Reef, Saxon Reef, Hastings Reef, Breaking Patches and Jorgensen Patch. Each reef has something different to offer to ensure a special and spectacular experience each and every time. We have over 15 individual sites to choose from to ensure you get to enjoy the best conditions for the day.
- Please note divers may be subject to a medical questionnaire before they are able to dive. Please click here for more diving information and to read the medical questionnaire.
BOOK WITH US TODAY CALL 1800 550 751 OR CHAT WITH US LIVE!
What To Bring
- Overnight bag - If you wish to store any excess luggage we are happy to do so in our office at 100 Abbott street Cairns.
- For safety reasons Reef Encounter has a no shoe policy. (There is no need to bring extra pairs of shoes)
- Cash or credit card for purchases of snacks from the bar / souvenirs for sale on-board or underwater camera hire.
- Sun hat, swimming clothes, sunscreen, sunglasses, light casual clothing.
- As the air-conditioning is on a set temperature for the heat during the day it can become quite cool in the evenings, even just being on the Great Barrier Reef can be cooler at night-time, therefore a light long-sleeved pullover, cardigan should be taken.
- Dive medical if required
- Proof of certification if you are a certified scuba diver.
* Sleeping Bags are NOT permitted
* Reef Encounter has a fully licensed bar - NO BYO!
- Bath and Beach Towels,
- Snorkel Equipment and instruction (ex: wetsuit)
AU$15 fees per day (comprised of $4.50 EMC, $5.50 Cairns Port Authority + $5 fuel levy) payable onboard
- Wetsuit Hire $5.00 per day
- Guided Certified Dives $15.00 per Dive
- Scuba Diving on Snorkel Packages (intro Dive $70.00 1st Dive - Additional Dives $55.00
- Night Dive on Introductory/Resort Dive Packages $80.00
- Soft Drinks, snacks ect from the bar
Please note divers may be subject to a medical questionnaire before they are able to dive. Please click here for more diving information and to read the medical questionnaire.
Cot hire and children’s beds are available add-ons that may be selected during your online booking. Cot hire is available for babies age 0-2 years. Small rollaway beds are available for children 2-11 years, and will go in the room with the parents. Children age 12 years and above must have a standard bed.
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX card purchases.
All client cancellations forfeit 45% of total ticket price and all client cancellations made less than 30 days prior to departure will result in complete forfeiture of the full price of the tour or package. If the tour operator has to cancel the trip or activity (prior to the departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel if you need any advice or assistance making arrangements for other tours please do not hesitate to ask