Fly and dive on the Coral Sea during this 4 day diving expedition!
Take to the waters of the coral sea for amazing diving and exploring! Advanced divers can enjoy 4 days at sea and dive up to 14 times, including 2 night dives. Finish off your trip with a scenic flight over the Great Barrier Reef for a breathtaking end to an amazing journey.
Mike Ball 4 day, 4 night Fly and Dive Coral Sea offers advanced divers the ultimate diving getaway. For four days, divers will get to explore the Great Barrier Reef and Coral Sea, getting to experience the thrill of some of the best diving locations around. With diverse marine life, amazing corals, sharks, turtles, caves, caverns and more on the agenda, this is a great way for avid divers to explore the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and Coral Sea.
- Ideal for advanced divers
- 4 nights spent at sea
- Incredible itinerary with amazing dive sites
- Prime dive sites guaranteed
- 14 dives, including 2 night dives
- Scenic flight from Lizard Island
- 2-3 shark attraction dives
- Chef prepared meals
- Nitrox, solo diving and a rebreather service also offered
- Cylinders and weight belts included
- Diving sites include Osprey Reef and the Ribbon Reefs
Thursday Day 1
Check in between at the Mike Ball office between 8.30am and 4pm before your group meet up at 4:00pm. At 5:50 guests will board Spoilsport, their home for the next 4 days, and make their way out to out to the reef. This evening will be spent relaxing, briefing for the next few days and organizing your dive equipment.
Friday Day 2
4 dives + night dive
Guests will begin their day bright at early so they can start diving right away. This day will include possible dives at Ribbon Reef #9 - Pixie Gardens and Cod Hole. Divers can expect to see diver size potato cod at Cod Hole, as well as napoleon wrasse, barracuda and Maori Wrasse at other dive sites. With frequent sightings of rays, sharks and turtles, this will be a diving day to remember. The night dive is a great place to spot more elusive sea creatures such as moray eels, crayfish, decorator crabs and egg cowry shells.
Saturday Day 3 and Sunday Day 4
8 dives + night dive
For the next to two days, guests will being their days early so they can make the most of their day on the water. You will dive in the Coral Sea at Osprey Reef, where you will get to enjoy 40 meter visibility. Among some of the reef you will dive at are Western Wall, North Horn and False Entrance. In these reefs you will find a huge resident shark population with whitetip reef sharks, silvertips, hammerheads and grey whalers. The waters are also full of green sea turtles and loggerhead turtles, as well as caves, overhangs and walls full of coral gardens. On Saturday night guests will get to complete their second night dive. Then, on Sunday, the last dive will end around 4:00pm just in time for an Aussie BBQ party! Guests will wear their loudest tropical shirts and enjoy a sing along with the crew as they enjoy champagne and delicious food. You will cruise overnight to Lizard Island
Monday Day 5
Guests will have an early breakfast before making their way back onto land, only to enjoy a beautiful scenic flight back to Cairns! The low level flight takes about 1 hour and allows you to see the beautiful reefs in a whole new way from an amazing vantage point.
Possible dive sites:
- False Entrance - Osprey Reef - Coral Sea: False Entrance at Osprey Reef is full of fish action as well as an abundance of beautiful corals. Known for its colourful gorgonian fans, resident barracuda and school big eye trevally, this location is a great spot to capture some amazing underwater photos.
- Dungeons & Dragons - Bougainville - Coral Sea: This maze of caves, tunnels and swim throughs is a great place to discover fish and other critters of the Coral Sea. Divers can venture out over the reef top to a wall that descends 1000m, where sharks and barracuda hang out.
- Clam Beds - Great Barrier Reef: Clam Beds are known for the giant clams that are spread out over the reef slope. Over a metre in length and weighing 200kg, the vibrant colours and fascinating structure make for great photo opportunities!
- Joani's Joy - Great Barrier Reef: This beautiful location has a diverse landscape of coral gardens, coral walls and caverns. Hard coral bommies ride vertically from 20m where blue damsels, sweetlips and cuttlefish frequent.
- Amazing - Holmes Reef - Coral Sea: This location is great for exploring with a maze of bommies that have created tunnels and swim throughs for visiting divers and the resident fish. Here you may see octopus, cuttlefish, rock lobster and even grey reef and silvertip sharks.
Your four day tour may take you to other amazing dive sites including Steve's Bommie, Nonki Bommie, MV Antonio Tarabocchia, Fairy Grotto, Admiralty Anchor, Crystal Plateau, North Horn and Western Wall. All locations offer something different to explore, discover and enjoy beneath the ocean's surface.
- Please note that the Itinerary subject to change.
- Luggage restrictions are 25kg / 55lb per person plus 3kg / 6.5lb â€“ carry on and an additional 10kg/22lb is allowed for professional photo/video housed systems.
- We recommend that you allow 24 hours between your last dive and your onward flight (all diving is finished by 4pm Sunday).
- This tour is only suitable for advanced divers.
What To Bring
- Small overnight bag with personal toiletries, towel hair dryer, personal medication, swimming costume, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, foot wear (sandals or tennis shoes), T-shirts, shorts, sweater and sweat pants
25kg / 55lb per person plus 3kg / 6.5lb â€“ carry on.
An additional 10kg/22lb is allowed for professional photo/video housed systems.
14 dives - Includes 2 night dives
AUD$20pp Reef Tax
Full gear hire (if required) AUD$44pp/day
Please read the following questions carefully:
Do you currently have an ear infection?
Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease?
Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
Do you have active asthma or history of asthma, emphysema or tuberculosis?
Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of your physical or mental abilities?
Do you have behavioural health problems or a nervous system disorder?
Are you or could you be pregnant?
Do you have a history of colostomy?
Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
Do you have a history of diabetes?
Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or take medications to prevent them?
Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?
Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
If any of these conditions apply to you, you will require a Divers Medical Certificate before you can scuba dive.
Terms and Conditions
All departures and itineraries are subject to weather. Tours may be changed or cancelled for any reason at the discretion of the Tour Operator. It should be noted that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard clients, we cannot be responsible for personal injury or loss due to actions of our clients which are beyond our control. We recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. Please be aware operators pass on credit card merchant fees so there is a non-refundable 2.5% surcharge for VISA and MASTERCARD card purchases.
â€‹All cancellations made result in 25% cancellation fee of the recommended retail price (RRP), not discounted or sale prices. Any cancellations made 60-30 days prior to travel will result in a 50% cancellation fee and any cancellations made inside of 30 days to departure will result in forfeit of full trip fees. If the sailing company has to cancel the trip (prior to the boat's departure) and we cannot offer a suitable alternative, then a refund will be given minus card fees. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance, especially during the wet season.
Please note it is the responsibility of ALL passengers travelling to advise both your travel agent at the time of booking and vessel check-in agent before boarding of ANY medical conditions including food allergies you may suffer from.
Thank you for booking with Mr Travel. If you would like any advice or assistance in arranging accommodation, transfers or additional tours, please do not hesitate to contact us.